Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1386 Obama - Inaguration day (Lincoln)

Steve’s inauguration theme is Abraham Lincoln. So here’s some of his quotes and who they might fit with on this day:

  1. "I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong."
    this blooger

  2. "I desire so to conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end... I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside of me."
    George Walker Bush

  3. "I hope to stand firm enough to not go backward, and yet not go forward fast enough to wreck the country's cause."
    Steve

  4. "If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my ax."
    republican party

  5. "If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business."
    George Walker Bush

  6. "I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. "
    this blogger's sister

  7. "If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg".
    liberal constitution interpreters

  8. "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    this blogger

  9. "If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one? "
    Nancy Pelosi

  10. "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
    Barney Frank

  11. "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it."
    clingers of rifles and bibles

  12. "When you have got an elephant by the hind legs and he is trying to run away, it's best to let him run."
    wishful thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment